The S&P U.S. Preferred Stock Index is designed to serve the investment community’s need for an investable benchmark representing the U.S. preferred stock market. Preferred stocks are a class of capital stock that pays dividends at a specified rate and has a preference over common stock in the payment of dividends and the liquidation of assets. The index includes all preferred stocks issued by U.S. corporations and those trading in major exchanges, subject to criteria relating to minimum size, liquidity and time to maturity.
This index is calculated with a modified capitalization weighted scheme, with modifications being made to index shares to prevent single stock concentration and improve index liquidity. The index is rebalanced once a year when index shares and constituents are reviewed.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts approximately 530 companies and 8 indices.
Index coverage includes:
- S&P U.S. Preferred Stock Index
- S&P U.S. Preferred REIT Stock Index
- S&P U.S. Variable Rate Preferred Stock Index
- S&P U.S. High Yield Preferred Stock Index
- S&P U.S. Investment Grade Preferred Stock Index
- S&P U.S. Not Rated Preferred Stock Index
- S&P U.S. Floating Rate Preferred Stock Index
Some of the data items available include:
- Company Items: Adjusted Price, Adjustment Factor, Adjustment Flag, Alternate Weight Factor, Bloomberg Ticker, Country Code, Country Description, Currency Code, Cusip Code, Daily Price Return, Daily Total Return, Database Symbol (Source), Date of Portfolio, Exchange Rate, GICS Industry Level 4 Code, Industry Codes, Investable Factor, Investable Market Value in US Dollars, Investable Shares Outstanding, Investable Value in US Dollars, Investable Weight in Index (Source), ISIN Code, Market Identifier Code, Market Value in US Dollars, Net Adjustment Factor, Next Date of Portfolio, Price Factor, Reuters Identification Code, S&P Company Global Vantage Key, Sector Code, Sedol Code, Share Lot Size, Shares Outstanding, Sub-Industry Classification Code, Ticker, Total Return, Unadjusted Price, etc.
- Index Items: Database Domain Code, Database Source, Database Symbol, Description, Dividend Per Share Gross, Adjusted Divisor Factor, Adjusted Market Capitalization, Dividend Factor , Dividends in US Dollars, Divisor Factor , Gross Index, Market Capitalization, Net Dividend Factor, Net Index, Number of Constituents, Open Number of Constituents, Price Index, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.