Symbiotics analysts compile two indexes: one to track the microfinance debt market and the other the microfinance equity market. The SMX – MIV Debt are in-house indexes which track, on a monthly basis, the NAV of a selection of funds with a majority of assets invested in fixed-income instruments. The funds are equally weighted and have been providing a reliable benchmark for the evaluation of the monthly performance of funds in USD, EUR and CHF since 2004. The SMX – MFI Equity indexes track the daily value of a selection of listed microfinance institutions’ stock prices in US Dollars and local currency.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts the following indices:
- SMX AUD equivalent – Symbiotics Microfinance Index
- SMX CHF – Symbiotics Microfinance Index
- SMX EUR – Symbiotics Microfinance Index
- SMX USD – Symbiotics Microfinance Index
Some of the data items available include:
- Volatility Inception, Monthly Variation, Total Return, Price Volatility, Monthly Value at Risk, Currency, etc.