GPR has developed a global suite of highly liquid property indices in collaboration with specialist real time index provider Thomson Reuters. The indices are specifically designed to be used as the basis of Exchange Traded Funds and other structured products. The Thomson Reuters/Global Property Research index family is composed of the 100 most liquid property stocks in the world.
- Thomson Reuters/GPR indices cover the top 100 property companies in the world forming the TR/GPR Global 100, which is then available as an Americas 40, Europe 30 and APAC 30.
- Thomson Reuters/GPR/APREA indices offer the most representative coverage for Asia Pacific, covering 350-400 companies from 13 developed and emerging countries in the region, with rules developed specifically by Asia Pacific property investors to ensure the index series best represents the regional listed real estate market.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES hosts 8 indices and approximately 144 companies. Indices include:
- TR GPR Americas 40 Index, TR GPR EMEA 30 Index, TR GPR Asia Pacific 30 Index, TR GPR Global 100 Index
These TR GPR indices are available in USD and EUR currencies as total return variants. Note that the TR/GPR/APREA indices are available as a regional APAC composite or as individual country indices. REIT-only versions are also available for each market and USD, EUR, JPY and LOC currencies are provided for each index.
Some of the data items available include:
- Index Items: Daily Total Return, Divisor Factor in Local Currency, Gross Index, Number of Constituents, Opening Market Capitalization, Opening Total Return Index Divisor, Previous Price Index, Dividend Per Share Gross, Market Capitalization, Reuters Identification Code (RIC), etc.
- Company Items: Adjusted Index of Price, Adjusted Price, Bloomberg Ticker, Country Code, Currency Code, Date of Portfolio, Exchange Rate, Index Currency Code, Index of Price, Industry Code, Investable Market Value in Local Currency, Investable Shares Outstanding, Investable Weight, ISIN Code, Local Currency to EUR Exchange Rate, Market Value, Open Investable Shares Outstanding, Opening investable Market , Sector Code, Sedol Code, Shares Outstanding, Sub-Industry Classification, Unadjusted Price, Yield, etc.