The Wilshire 5000 Total Market Index represents the broadest index for the U.S. equity market, measuring the performance of all U.S. equity securities with readily available price data. No other index comes close to offering its comprehensiveness. When the index was created in 1974 Wilshire’s founder took advantage of then-new technologies that made it possible to collect stock prices and calculate returns for a volume of issues never before brought together. The index was named after the nearly 5000 stocks it contained when it was originally created, but it has grown to include over 5000 issues, reflecting the growth in U.S. equity issues as a whole.
Key Features and Coverage on RIMES
For this data source, RIMES currently hosts data for approximately 100 indices and 7270 companies. Index coverage includes:
- Target Mid Cap, Next; Wilshire 2500, 4500, 5000, Wilshire Exus, Wilshire Global, Wilshire Real Estate, Wilshire US Large-Cap, Micro-Cap, Mid-Cap, Small-Cap; Wilshire US Top 2500 Growth/Value, Wilshire All Growth/Value, Wilshire Large Cap, Growth, Value; Wilshire Small Cap 250, etc.
Some of the data items available include:
- Index Items – Database Domain Code, Database Source, Database Symbol, Gross Index, Group Code, Last Price Date, Market Capitalization, Number of Constituents – RIMES Calculated, Price Index, etc.
- Company Items – Currency Code, Exchange Rate, Adjusted Closing Market Capitalization, Adjusted Price, Adjustment Factor, Country Code, Currency Code Price, Date of Portfolio, Dividend Per Share Gross, Dow Jones Identifier, Exchange Code, Exchange Rate, Gross Adjustment Factor, Index Range, Industry Level Code, Investable Factor, Investable Market Value, Investable Shares Outstanding, Investable Weight, ISIN Code, ISO Currency Code, Market Value, Net Adjustment Factor, Next Date of Portfolio, Sedol Code, Shares Outstanding, Ticker, Total Return, Unadjusted Price, Weight in Index, etc.
Our Managed Data Services
- Working with 400+ data and 1400 data sets
- Superior data quality and accuracy
- 75,000 index, price & reference data feeds delivered daily
- Fully managed, validated and system-ready feeds
- Data delivered via API or file format for operational or analytical users
- Increase business agility and scalability
- Faster time to quality & market
- Global expert 24/7 support
Looking for specific data?
Get in touch. We can source specific data, just for you.