Join RIMES at the Buy-Side Technology North American Summit taking place at the Marriott Marquis in New York City on October 5th, 2017. Learn more about the latest buy-side regulations affecting asset managers and servicers: the Market Abuse Regulation (MAR) live now, and the Benchmarks Regulation (BMR) going live Jan 1st 2018. RIMES RegTech Division’s COO, Bruno Piers de Raveschoot will host two regulatory sessions:
10.10 am What you need to know about the new Benchmarks Regulation
With the EU due to start enforcing its Benchmarks Regulation (BMR) from January 1, 2018, the clock to compliance is fast counting down. Join this introductory session to understand the steps you need to take to comply with the BMR. If you are using index & benchmark data:
- to determine the value of a fund
- to define the asset location of a portfolio
- to calculate performance fees of a fund
- to determine the amount payable under a financial instrument
- to determine the value of a financial contract
- to determine the value of a financial instrument
then you may be affected by this new regulation. Join this introductory session to understand the steps you need to take to comply with the BMR.
2.10 pm Embracing technology in a changing regulatory environment
Almost one year on from President Trump’s victory it is time to examine the longer term implications of a Trump administration on regulation in the US. Bruno will participate in this panel to discuss the current regulations impacting buy side firms, identify challenges and solutions, and explore how technology can aid compliance.
- Under the Market Abuse Regulation (MAR) an even greater number of buy-side firms are required to monitor trades, how can technology help with this increased data surveillance
- Under MiFID II is it a possibility or you to cease trading in certain areas if it becomes too costly or difficult to do so?
- As Dodd-Frank introduces new margin requirements, what does this mean and what is still to come.
For further information about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note that places are limited and RSVP is mandatory for this event. Due to the nature of the event, they are reserved for buy-side end-users only.