RIMES occupies a unique position at the heart of the buy-side. The day-to-day running of our mission-critical managed data services, delivered to over 250 clients, gives us a 360° view of the market. As thought leaders we also invest in a global round-table program aimed at a wider audience of market participants. This seeks to develop best practice methods for the management of index data and benchmarks.
During 2013 we hosted 32 events in all the main global financial centers. A total of 353 industry professionals, representing over 150 buy-side firms participated. There is clearly a strong desire to develop best practice in data management and a readiness to collaborate and contribute towards that end.
In parallel, RIMES worked with Investit to produce Data Governance: The Best Practice Handbook and consulted independent studies including the Deloitte study, Benchmark Data Governance: Understanding the Costs and Risks.
This report continues our 2012 thought leadership program, summarized in the RIMES paper Getting To Grips with Index Data and Benchmarks. In that report, we recommended firms adopt a more systematic approach to data management and governance to bring costs under control and to avoid problems associated with an increasing volume of benchmark data that is also growing in complexity.
- RIMES Opens New Operational Hub in Manila
- ESMA Consults on Broadening the Scope of MAR
- EU Regulators Turn Tough on Market Surveillance Compliance
- SOTERIA and RIMES Technologies Partner to Provide a Real-Time Integrated Trade and Communication Surveillance Solution for Financial Services Firms
- The ETF Market is About to Explode: Is Your Firm Ready?