RIMES continued its market outreach and thought leadership program throughout 2014. During the year we hosted 37 RIMES forums. These industry roundtables, held in 23 global financial centers across the globe, saw the participation of more than 400 industry professionals from 160 asset management, custodian, pension fund and insurance firms. The outcome was documented in the paper Strategic Challenges Facing Asset Managers.
As a follow-up to our roundtables, we conducted our annual quantitative buy-side research in December 2014. The aim of the research, now in its third year, was to gain a deeper understanding of industry dynamics and overall data management priorities for 2015. Our clients are adopting a more strategic approach to data management with greater senior management involvement. In addition, our survey demonstrates that firms continue to invest in data governance, with new drivers of best practice emerging to compete with costs and data quality as a primary concern.
This year’s survey employed a similar methodology to previous RIMES surveys. Compared to the 2014 Buy-side Survey, the number of respondents increased by 13% to 121, from an increased number of locations. An online questionnaire was completed by heads of department and senior professionals within some of the world’s leading asset management firms, custodian banks, hedge funds, pension funds, insurance companies, private banks and wealth management firms. Respondents represented a good cross-section of business functions, including compliance, risk, data management, front office, IT, operations and performance measurement.
- RIMES Lists Its Managed Data Services on Datarade Data Marketplace to Meet Surge in Global Demand for ETF Intelligence
- Fitch Ratings ESG Relevance Scores Data now available on RIMES
- RIMES’ transformational new Lean Data Management solution wins at the Waters Rankings and HFM European Technology Awards
- How Chief Data Officers Succeed in a Data-Driven Age
- What is Agile? Q&A with Andrew Barnett, Global Head of Product Strategy, RIMES Technologies