RIMES, the leading provider of managed data services for the buy-side, hosted its second Data Governance Conference in New York on June 11th, 2015. The event brought together leading investment managers and asset owners at the newly renovated NASDAQ MarketSite in the heart of Times Square.
The RIMES Data Governance Conference hosted investment managers, custodian banks, pension funds and insurance companies’ executives. Delegates heard from a range of leading industry figures about the critical importance of data governance and how to implement robust data management processes. Speakers included:
- Michelle Bishop, Principal Consultant, Total Economic Impact, Forrester Research
- Steve Cheng, Global Head of Data Management Solutions, RIMES
- Dessa Glasser, Chief Data Officer, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- Mary Knox, Research Director, Gartner Technology Research
- Eric Smith, Manager, Operations & Data Management, Harris Associates
Forrester Total Economic ImpactTM
This event also saw the launch of a Forrester study which examines the potential return on investment (ROI) enterprises may realize by deploying the RIMES Managed Data Service (RIMES MDS). This study can help investment managers to calculate the true cost of data management to their organisation, including hidden costs beyond vendor fees such as the cost impact on productivity and responsiveness to meeting increasing client needs for data.
The Conference Programme
Both investment managers and asset owners are more aware than ever of the need to enhance transparency and control through robust data governance. The Conference highlighted issues including those raised in the 2015 annual RIMES buy-side survey, which demonstrates that the benefits of adopting best practice data governance transcend compliance alone, fulfilling data quality and reputation enhancements too. Topics on the agenda included:
- Data governance and best practice
- Tackling data management challenges
- Hybrid operating models
- Total cost of data ownership
- Improving corporate efficiency and profitability
- The impact of regulations and compliance
RIMES is a buy-side specialist and truly understands the data management challenges faced by its clients. It serves over 250 investment managers, hedge funds, wealth managers, private banks, custodian banks, insurance companies and pension funds in 40 countries including 60 of the 100 largest global asset managers and 8 of the 10 largest custodians by TAUM.
- RIMES adds ESG solution to its Managed Data Services
- RIMES Lists Its Managed Data Services on Datarade Data Marketplace to Meet Surge in Global Demand for ETF Intelligence
- Fitch Ratings ESG Relevance Scores Data now available on RIMES
- RIMES’ transformational new Lean Data Management solution wins at the Waters Rankings and HFM European Technology Awards
- How Chief Data Officers Succeed in a Data-Driven Age