MSCI, a leading provider of US equity, international equity, REIT, fixed income and hedge fund indices, today announced that index-level and constituent data for the MSCI US Equity Indices is now available via RIMES Technologies Corp., a major supplier of financial and economic data to the investment community.
This represents an important step in our process of ensuring that the MSCI US Equity Indices are available through data vendors relied upon by institutional and retail investors, said Ken OKeeffe, Executive Director, MSCI. The MSCI US Equity Indices are being well received in the market as they offer a better representation of market segments and have greater style integrity than existing indices, with low index turnover. Assets benchmarked to the indices exceed $50 billion and we are continuing to add clients by educating the investment community on the advantages of these new benchmarks.
The MSCI US Equity Indices offer investors a state-of-the-art family of indices with the following benefits:
- The broadest market capitalisation coverage of the U.S. equity market
- Better representation and greater style integrity
- Reduced index turnover through the innovative use of buffer zones for both size and style indices
- Replicable and investable
MSCI launched the US Equity Indices in 2003 after extensive consultations with institutional investors who expressed the need for a suite of U.S. indices that more broadly and fairly reflect the various size and style segments of the U.S. markets, yet are replicable and have low turnover.
- BVI Webinar: In-house Data management vs. Data Management as a Service
- RIMES and MSCI Discuss the Latest Developments in ESG Investing
- Are Data Notifications a Risk to Your Business? They Should be the Least of Your Worries!
- Market Surveillance in the Age of COVID: A Regulator’s View
- Lucky 13: RIMES Wins Best Data Provider at WatersTechnology Buy-Side Technology Awards 2020 for a Record 13th Time