RIMES, the leading provider of managed data services for the buy-side, will host its first Singapore Buy-Side Forum on May 22, 2014. The forum will provide Singapore-based asset managers, custodian banks, insurance companies and pension funds the opportunity to network and discuss data management issues and trends.
The Singapore forum is part of RIMES’ global round-table program that seeks to develop best practice methods for buy-side firms regarding the management of index and benchmark data. In 2013, RIMES hosted 32 round-tables in a variety global financial centers where 353 industry professionals representing over 150 buy-side firms participated. Feedback from the 2013 forums indicates that as the universal need for strong data governance increases, data management struggles continue for many firms.
The RIMES Singapore forum comes at a time of increasing buy-side focus on the issues of data management in the Asian marketplace. This growing trend also led RIMES to open a Singapore office in 2013.
The Singapore forum will discuss:
- What drives the level of resources required to effectively manage indexes and benchmarks
- How resources are spread across the data governance and data processing functions
- How effective asset managers are at monitoring and controlling data
- Identifying levers to minimize costs and improve business agility
- How some managers successfully utilize them to improve business efficiency
“Through our forums, RIMES has found that issues and concerns surrounding data management, whether related to regulation, data volume or complexity of data, have become universal focuses for the buy-side,” explains Alessandro Ferrari, SVP Global Marketing, RIMES. “Our Singapore office aims to support firms with the regional nuances of these evolving global issues and we are thrilled to provide an open forum for asset managers and others to discuss the implications of data management challenges in Asia specifically, and on a global scale.”
- Full-Service Model: The Single-Platform Utopia That Can Leave You Wanting More
- Tap Managed Services to Solve and Scale for the ETF Data Challenge
- The FCA Highlights Importance of Robust Insider List Management
- ETFs and Transparency: Four Questions Institutional Investors Should Ask
- EU BMR: Sell-side in the crosshairs