RIMES, the leading provider of managed data services for the buy-side, recently hosted a webinar entitled “2014 Buy-Side Data Trends” during which the results of the RIMES 2014 Buy-Side Survey were revealed. The webinar focused on the latest index and benchmark data management trends, as identified by respondents from across the asset management industry.
The webinar explored such topics as trends in growing data volumes, data licensing costs, regulatory compliance, data management, operational implications and more. Key findings, gathered from over 100 data management, performance, risk, compliance and operations professionals who participated in the RIMES annual survey, include:
- Data volumes: 67% expect an increase – Respondents are still anticipating a continued rise in data volumes, with more indexes and benchmarks over time.
- Data costs: 73% predict a rise in licensing costs – Licensing is an ongoing issue, resulting in anticipated cost increases, making good data management more important than ever.
- Regulatory compliance: 66% will require resources – Together with Dodd-Frank, EMIR, Solvency II and AIFMD, respondents cited a growing body of regulation that will call for significant investment to ensure compliance.
According to Alessandro Ferrari, SVP Global Marketing at RIMES: “This is the second yearly edition of the Buy-Side Survey, this webinar represented a unique opportunity for buy-side participants to engage in a discussion on market dynamics and industry priorities for 2014 and beyond. The results of this Survey are quite compelling, especially when compared against last year’s findings.” Watch the Webinar Replay.
- ICE Integrates RIMES ETF Data Into Suite of ETF Workflows
- RIMES appoints Stuart Pemble as Chief Financial Officer
- State Street Alpha℠ Announces Strategic Partnership with RIMES to Enhance Index and Benchmark Services
- Asset Management, ESG and Greenwashing: the Problem’s in the Data
- The Data Management Challenge Behind SFDR Reporting Requirements