RIMES recently hosted forums in Toronto and Montreal entitled “Benchmark Data Governance: Understanding the Costs and Risks”.
Our round tables were well attended by a number of buy-side institutional professionals specializing in performance measurement, data management, market data, and business integration. Each forum gave us the opportunity to review and discuss the results of recent Deloitte research on the management of index data and benchmarks, while providing a venue for industry peers to learn and share best practices.
Many Canadian firms recognize the importance of data governance and the fact that it is moving up in the corporate agenda. As volumes of index data and benchmarks increase, so do costs, which has some of our participants in the process of rationalizing data sources and centralizing data management.
- What will Replace Libor and Eonia?
- The FCA Turns Up the Heat on Market Abuse
- Service Spotlight: New ESG Indices, A Series of Fund Launches and Seemingly Impossible Deadlines
- [INFOGRAPHIC] The Trends, Challenges & Solutions to Maintaining Market Integrity
- European Commission Adopts BMR Technical Standards