The West Coast is a key financial region for RIMES among well-established buy-side firms. Over the past year, RIMES has diligently developed its presence in several major cities in California. This past June, RIMES hosted its third forum in Los Angeles entitled, Benchmark Data Governance: Understanding the Costs and Risks.
Our round table was well attended by both buy-side prospects and clients. The discussion highlighted Deloitte’s research regarding the management of index data and benchmarks. Participants recognized the importance of data governance including managing the usage. An increased number of employees across multiple departments sourcing similar data can lead to costly duplications and inefficient data monitoring. Developing a process to address these issues requires persistence and an understanding of how different departments utilize the data.
The RIMES Benchmark Data Service® and RIMES Reference Data Service offer fully managed solutions to strengthen your data management operating model. We continue to assess the impact of new regulation on our clients and evolve and adapt our service offering accordingly and the RIMES Data Governance Service will offer greater visibility of a firm’s data directory and management of its associated costs.
- 2020 and Buy-Side Compliance: A Year of Awakening and Investment
- ETF answers from our experts
- RIMES Launches Unique Index Identifier to Give Investment Management Firms the Data Insights They’ve been Unable to Access Until Now
- Data Supply Chain Optimization Within Investment Management
- Market Surveillance Automation: Delay No More